Frequently Asked Questions
Select from the list below to see answers to the most frequently asked questions:
- On your front page, you talk about Leadership. What does that mean in the context of the Contracts or Sourcing communities?
- What is the definition of commercial management?
- What is the definition of commitment management?
- What is the expected skill set for a Contract Manager?
- How many contract managers should we have? What role should they perform? Where should they report?
- Does IACCM have any guidance/statements of best practice concerning the interface between commercial teams and legal teams?
- What is the role of an Advisory Council member?
- I'm not based in the US but would like to learn more about FAR and DFAR, can you help?
- I am about to hire graduates through a series of meetings at Universities, and want to utilize IACCM membership and training as a benefit to them during the discussions. What can I tell the prospects?
- How can I change the number of emails that I receive from you?
- How do I make my profile private so that it doesn't appear in search results?
- How can I find local IACCM local contacts?
- What is the professional certification fee covering ( how is it different from the IACCM membership)?
- Why should I join IACCM if I am a member of another association?
- Why Should I join IACCM?
- What is the registration fee in UK pound sterling? Can I pay in UK pound sterling (instead of US dollars)?
Training & Certification
- What are the benefits of IACCM certification?
- Is training / certification included in my membership?
- Should I choose SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) or CBoK (Contract Management) Certification?
- What curriculums are available?
- Who decides on my certification status (associate, member or fellow) and how do you progress from one status to the next ? Is there any provision for continuing professional development ( through webcasts?)
- What is the location of the exam or training center?
- How would IACCM certification/training help towards studying for an MBA?
- Which skill level should I choose?
- How does IACCM's certification compare to other professional associations, e.g. CIPS/ ISM/ NCMA?
- What is the cost of training / certification?
- How do I renew my certification?
- Does the IACCM certification enable one to gain exemption from any element of mCIPS?
- How widely recognised is IACCM certification?
- I was certified before the new certification naming convention (ACCM, MCCM, MCCM cert. Vs. CCMA, CCMP, CCME). Is my certification still valid in the new convention and will I get a new Certificate?
- How long is certiication valid for, and how do I renew my certificaton?
- Is the IACCM certification program available to people in my country?
- What is the difference between individual and corporate learning programs?
- Is my certification valid when my membership has expired?
- Can I renew my certification after my membership has lapsed?
- Can I have a volume discount?
- Does IACCM offer any concessionary certification rates (e.g. students)?
- My company has a corporate program in place, how do I register?
- Do I have to be a member to take part in online-learning / certification programs?
- Do I need CPD points to renew my certification?
- I am not a Contract Manager, can I still do the training?
- I was certified before, is it still valid?
- Do I start as beginner and work my way upwards?
- Are all the training materials avaialble online?
- When can I start a training program?