2-Day Training Course: What Leadership Skills will Actually Make a Difference?
14-15 November 2018 - Melbourne
From Informa Corporate Learning (ANZ)
This course teaches a carefully researched, optimal blend of the basket of skills you need when transitioning from being a specialist in your career to a leader of projects, strategies & staff. Build your emotional intelligence & ability to respectfully influence others to deliver organisational & personal objectives.
Key Learning Objectives
- Interpret the key challenges for technical professionals moving into management roles.
- Gain an insight into emotional intelligence, human behaviour and team dynamics.
- Acquire a practical framework to help you understand and influence the behaviour patterns of different types of people.
- How to avoid the common mistakes managers make with extrinsic motivators.
- Apply behavioural techniques to help breakdown interpersonal barriers and resolve conflict.
- Acquire convincing motivation, communication and influencing skills.
- Understand why questioning skills are a manager’s number one tool. Identifying the various sources of power at your disposal and how you can strengthen them.
- Identify what motivation strategies work best with different people.
- Develop a leadership style that gains buy-in and respect.
- Effectively use your personal power, rather than relying on authority, or positional power.
- Understand the relationship between good leadership and good “fellowship”.
- Tactfully provide useful feedback both positive and negative.
- Guaranteed techniques to engender responsibility and accountability - and why most managers cultivate the opposite.
Your Expert Course Instructor - Andrew Lee
Andrew has extensive experience of over 30 years as a management consultant, trainer, facilitator and coach throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia,
with a great deal of expertise in adult learning approaches.
A special 15% discount for all IACCM members across our Informa pricing. The code for the discount will be ‘IACCM15’ or contact them direct on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note you will be leaving the IACCM site and registering on the sponsor's website for this event