Please go to https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/contract-management to register for the course.
Contract Management: Build Relationships in Business is a free online course, available to all, developed by IACCM in partnership with the University of Southampton, the UK Cabinet Office and Civil Service Learning.
Starting on the 27th May 2019, the three-week course will help you to better understand what is involved in commercial business relationships, and the process of managing contractual agreements. You will learn how a person’s or organization’s objectives – and those of their customers and suppliers – can be achieved in an effective way, without threat or failure.
The course covers three key themes:
Relationship fundamentals: we will explore what can go right or wrong in relationships; examine the rules that govern public and private sector procurement; and ask how you can make sure what you buy (or sell) is what you and your customer/client really needs.
Relationship complexities: we will look at the complex supply chains and networks that are a feature of many contracts, learning how to manage interdependencies and the needs of multiple stakeholders.
What does this mean to you? The final part of the course will bring the above ideas together, using an example scenario (the challenge of building your own house) to put theory into practice.
Learn with expert academics and experienced practitioners!
Your guides for the course are Douglas Macbeth, Professor of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management at the University of Southampton; and Tim Cummins, CEO of IACCM who has wide and senior management experience in the field. Each week, you’ll get the chance to hear guest lectures from, and discuss your own ideas with, practitioners from public and private sector organizations around the world.
Who is the course for?
- This free online course is designed for anyone who wants to better understand what is involved in commercial business relationships, and the process of managing contractual agreements.
- It is suitable for those working in the public, private and third sectors.
- Relationships and contracts are core to all commercial as well as not for profit activities. Managing them well is a core skill for everyone in all aspects of life.
FutureLearn will be sending an email prior to the start of the course containing instructions for joining.
- Course Duration: 3 weeks.
- Three modules are released each week. They are recorded so participants can listen at their convenience, though interaction is maximized if participants do them the week of release.
- In general, each step takes 5-10 minutes, whether it is a video, article, discussion or quiz.
- Time commitment depends somewhat on the extent to which participant chooses to interact or access supporting material. Time commitment estimated at 3 hours/week.
- Once course has started, participants can study each week’s material at a time that suits them. Participant doesn’t need to be online at the same time as the lead educator or other students.
- Participants can join a course at any point throughout its duration. Registered participants will be able to access the recorded materials beyond the end date and until further notice.
- There is an additional charge for a certificate of completion.
- Gain 9 CPD points by attending this event. Learn more about CDP here.