The IACCM Fellow status is awarded to a very select group of professionals who exemplify the professionalism and spirit of contract and commercial management. It is one of IACCM's highest accolades.
Who are IACCM Fellows?
IACCM Fellowship recognizes individuals who have made, and continue to make, significant contributions to the development of Contract and Commercial Management as a true profession and demonstrate a commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
An IACCM Fellow is an individual who has demonstrated outstanding experience and performance in their career, together with a record of contribution to the profession and its development.
We expect our Fellows to play an active role in the promotion of the values and ethos of IACCM, and continue to demonstrate the importance of the Contract and Commercial professional in the wider business community.
Why Become an IACCM Fellow?
The IACCM Fellow status is not awarded lightly. Those who achieve the award are, therefore, part of a select and prestigious group of professionals who exemplify the professionalism and spirit of Contract and Commercial Management. To recognize this, our IACCM Fellows benefit from:
- The use of the phrase IACCM Fellow
- The use of the prestigious IACCM Fellow badge
- Recognition amongst your peers and the wider Contract and Commercial Management community
- Lifetime membership of IACCM
- 50% discount off IACCM conference registration fees. Complementary attendance to IACCM conferences is by invitation only.
- Participation in Board dinners
- Recognition at IACCM regional conferences and local events that you attend
What IACCM Looks for in Prospective Candidates?
IACCM members with CCM Expert level certification (CCME) are eligible to apply for the IACCM Fellowship. Given the prestige of the IACCM Fellow status, we look for candidates who:
- Operate within their organization at a strategic level
- Demonstrate strategic achievements, outstanding experience and performance in their career, as well as a record of contribution to the profession and its development
- Act as change agents for the profession (for example by holding an IACCM ‘Licence to Act Differently’)
- Are a role model for other professionals
What Do We Expect of IACCM Fellows?
We expect our Fellows to play an active role in the promotion of the values and ethos of IACCM, and continue to demonstrate the importance of the Contract and Commercial
professional in the wider business community. Some key areas of involvement and contribution include:
- Undertaking a peer reviewer role
- Contribute in the development of IACCM white papers, articles, projects and research
- Attendance on the Fellows conference call, held quarterly
- Participating in member events, webinars and conferences
- Contributing to live or recorded webinar training events
How to Become an IACCM Fellow?
In exceptional circumstances, a Fellow may be appointed by invitation. Otherwise, the route to Fellowship is to have first achieved CCM Expert level certification (CCME). This is followed by an application that illustrates experience, achievements and overall professional contribution.
Prospective Fellow submits an application letter illustrating in detail their experience, achievements and overall professional contribution together with a copy of their current resume. The application letter should set out the reasons why they consider themselves eligible for Fellowship (including the information described below) and should be sent to Sally Guyer, CEO, IACCM at email@example.com.
The application is evaluated by a Review Panel consisting exclusively of existing Fellows. The review may be a followed by an interview with some or all members of the Panel.
If approved, the candidate obtains a provisional Fellow status. To obtain the full status, the candidate must pay the IACCM Fellowship fee ($600) and prepare a research paper (or other form of a mutually agreed professional contribution) within 6-months of receiving provisional status.
Full Fellow status is awarded following (1) successful completion of a research paper or other professional contribution on a mutually agreed topic within 6 months of the provisional appointment and (2) payment of the invoice. The award of the full IACCM Fellow status includes certificate, electronic badge and designation on the Member Portal.
What to Include in the Application Letter?
Prospective Fellows should send an application letter to Sally Guyer, CEO, IACCM (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the following information. Applicants should also send a copy of their resume along with the letter.
Section A - provide evidence on your commitment to demonstrating IACCM values:
- outstanding experience and performance in your career
- contribution to the profession and its development
- acting as a change agent for our profession
- a role model for other professionals
Section B: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
IACCM is committed to promoting, supporting and enabling the on-going development of the profession and the individuals within it.
Please outline how you have maintained and developed your capability and activities undertaken for continuing your professional development. It should include information on:
- Your main strategies for updating and developing your capability within the profession
- How you have used the outcomes from CPD activities to improve working practices
Section C: Contributing to IACCM and the Profession
All Fellows of IACCM are required to proactively contribute to the Association and the profession, to enable growth. Failure to do so can result in the award of Fellow status being revoked.
Please consider and state how you will contribute to the on-going development and promotion of IACCM, support its values and activities, and promote the profession.
Apply now to have IACCM recognize your professional achievements! We look forward to partnering with you to continue our success in building Contract and Commercial Management into a true profession, with more relevance to organizations than ever before.
How Do I Make Payment Once I Have Been Accepted?
IACCM Fellowship - $600.00