Loading...
 
 

Contracting Excellence Journal

« view more editions

Contracting Excellence Magazine - Aug 2009

 

 
 
 


 
 


 
 


 
 


 
 


 
 


 
 


 

 


 

 
 
 


 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ashif Mawij negotiates poker moves with the stars

Ashif Mawji (CEO of Upside Software) was invited to play among 300 poker players at a tournament where some of the proceeds were donated to charity. Among the group were individuals such as Warren Buffett (super-investor and philanthropist), and a number of athletes (including Vince Carter – NBA player for the Orlando Magic) and the who’s who of the corporate world. Ashif finished 120th out of 300 — and this was his first poker tournament! Ashif was ousted by Vince Carter when Ashif went all in with pocket aces and the flop had a K, 4 and 2 all off suit. According to the odds, he had a 95% chance of winning. But Vince had pocket queens and then got a queen on the river (a 5% chance). Lesson learned: Even if you have the best odds, prepare for the worst. The tournament was held at the Wynn in Las Vegas.



         

 

June wedding highlights Susan Birch’s artistry

Susan Birch of IACCM Resourcing and the cake decorations she made for former IACCM employee Karen Kelley’s wedding. Suzanne’s specialty is forming flowers from sugar paste, copying the bride’s bouquet as her keepsake for life. The flowers are made petal by petal, reconstructed into blooms, tinted and dried, and then formed into a presentation similar to the original fresh bouquet.

 


 
 

 


 

 
 
 

Editor
Kerrie Tarrant
ktarrant@iaccm.com

Consulting editor

Tim Cummins, CEO, IACCM

Vice President of Research and
Advisory Services, and Advertising
Sales enquiries

Katherine Kawamoto

Editorial Panel
Mark David, CommitMentor, UK.
Craig Guarente, Oracle, US
Helena Haapio, Lexpert Ltd, Finland
Doug Hudgeon, Macquarie Bank Ltd, Australia
William Knittle, BP, UK
Lamar Chesney, SunTrust Bank Inc, US
Sterling A. Spainhour, Charlotte School of Law, US
Christoff Hoefner, Nokia Siemens Netwroks, Germany

Automation and technology panel

Mark Darby, Alliantist, UK
Ashif Mawji, Upside Software Inc, Canada
Tim Minahan, Ariba, US
Kevin Potts, Emptoris, US

Guest Editorial Panel
Patrick Callioni, Enterprise Inteligence Ply Ltd

Address: International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM)
90 Grove Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877 USA.
Ph: (1) 203 431 8741, www.iaccm.com
Editor: ktarrant@iaccm.com
Sales enquiries: kkawamato@iaccm.com

Production
Print
:  Julianne Billington, LJ design, Australia
               www.billingtonphotography.com.au

_____________________________________________________

This issue may be cited as (2009) 2(6) Contracting Excellence.
ISSN: 1937-9765; ISSN: 1937-9757

Disclaimer

This newsletter is intended to keep readers abreast of current developments in the field of contract and commercial management. It is not, however, to be used or relied on as a substitute for professional advice. Before acting on any matter in the areas, readers should discuss matters with their own professional advisers.

This site is provided by IACCM on an 'as is' basis. IACCM provides this web site as a service to those people seeking contracting and commercial news and information. IACCM assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of information on the site or information obtained through links. IACCM will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained in the site. IACCM is not responsible for the accuracy or content information contained in the site or in the links provided on its site. Links to and from IACCM do not constitute an endorsement by IACCM of the parties or their products and services.

Copyright

The content in this publication is copyright. Excepted as permitted, no part of this publication may be reproduced by any process, electronic or otherwise, without the specific written permission of the copyright owner.

All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips and software, is the property of IACCM, or its content suppliers or an identified third party and is protected by international copyright laws. The collection, arrangement and assembly of all content on this site is the exclusive property of IACCM and is also protected by international copyright laws. Any reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.

Use of this site

This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by IACCM. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.

   

Published by IACCM, 90 Grove Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877, USA www.iaccm.com