Excellence in Contract Management Awards
The 2018 IACCM Excellence in Contract Management Awards Ceremony will be held during
The 2018 IACCM Europe Conference in Krakow, Poland.
There is significant pressure on the role of the contract manager or administrator, due to the number of binding contractual decisions normally left to the professional judgement of the person fulfilling this role and their duty to act at the same time as a trusted advisor and as an independent, unbiased and impartial arbiter.
The IACCM Excellence in Contract Management Awards recognize the personal initiative of an individual practitioner who has shown outstanding leadership or endeavour in managing contracts fairly and openly. We are looking for professionals across the globe who can demonstrate success in creating an atmosphere of openness, cooperation, trust, honesty, commitment and mutual understanding among team members and between contracting parties. You can nominate yourself, someone on your team or an individual from one of your customer or supplier relationships.
Among the characteristics being sought for these awards are:
approaches that introduced transparency in expectations and actions;
the development of an advance warning system that enabled issues to be identified proactively and allowed time to reach an agreement and implement mitigation measures;
initiatives that reduced the administrative burden through enhanced contract visibility and awareness;
examples of 'doing the right thing', in particular those that improve contract management practice and raise the profile of contract and commercial management.
How to apply for The 2018 IACCM Excellence in Contract Management Awards:
- The awards follow a one-stage process based on a written submission.
- All entries must cover work that is either completed or at the end of a major phase, indicating evidence of outcomes and benefits.
- All entries should be submitted with a cover sheet which includes a declaration of suitable involvement in the entry by the applicant and confirmation of permission from the project sponsor or manager.
- All entries should be accompanied by a one-page executive summary.
- All entries should be no more than 8 sides of A4 or 8.5'x11', in a readable font, excluding testimonials, executive summary and cover sheet with a maximum file size of 5MB.
- All entries must be in PDF format and sent in by email or provided as a link to cloud storage sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries should be submitted in the English language.
The content of an entry remains the copyright of the entrant, but IACCM may wish to reproduce some relevant content for the purpose of raising the profile of contract and commercial management, award winners' case studies, PR or other uses. If an entrant does not wish to give automatic permission for material to be reproduced, without prior discussion, this must be noted on the entry cover sheet.
- IACCM reserves the right to accept or reject entries, and / or not confer an award, as circumstances dictate.
- The judging panel will consist of experienced experts in contract and commercial management. The judges' decision is final. No correspondence concerning their decision will be entered into.
- All submissions are made at applicants' own expense.
- The deadline for submission is 17.00 GMT on March 16th, 2018.
The 2018 IACCM Excellence in Contract Management Awards ceremony will be held during the IACCM Europe Conference in Krakow, 2018 and the winners will be awarded a trophy (attendance at the conference is not required, but the winners will be offered a free place at this event, or an alternative IACCM event).
The finalists and winners of the IACCM Contracting Excellence Awards 2017 were:
- Woodrow Jones Jr. & John Veilleux from Verizon (USA)
- Gary Crag from Nexen (Canada) - Winner, Social Benefit
- Reinhard Plaza-Bartsch from Vodafone (Luxembourg) - Winner, Corporate Transformation
- Nancy Brockmeier from Disney (USA)
- Lesley Palumbo from Watford Borough Council (UK) - Winner, Public Sector Innovation & Reform
- Jeff Dickerman from Expeditors (USA)
- Mark Mills from Portsmouth Water (UK) - Winner, Public Sector Innovation & Reform